Thursday, 25 June 2015

When Real Life Crashes Into SL

I've tried to avoid this but each time I sign into SL I remember what I seen.It all started when I decided to come back to SL after a break for a few years. When I left I thought I would never return. Then when I thought I might want to I thought a fresh start was best so I made a new account and popped in to see how it felt. It was like coming home to an old friend. I Started looking around, looking to see which stores had closed and who was still around. Then I cam to LAQ and noticed homes being sold near the skin store. I started to look around. It was then it happened. That cupboard under the stairs. Not sure how long I sat staring at the screen in tears.
That was a few months back and each time I sign in I keep thinking about the night I seen that cupboard. I had to go back so I could move on and get this out of my head.
I was 14, my brother was beating his wife, I grabbed the baby so his son wouldn't see what daddy was doing to mummy. My brother got me by the throat and held me against the wall a few feet of the ground. smacked me around abit and threw me in the cupboard under the stairs. I was there for 5 days before I managed to get out and make my way to the train station.Slipping past, I managed to get on and get home. No one really believed me and it was never spoke about again. Now it is not the worst thing that ever happened to me, far from it. So why did SL bring this back to my mind so fresh. 

SL is a happy place,a place to be creative, hang with friends, make new friends, some even meet and marry. It is also a place to revisit old demons, a safe place to unlock that memory. A place to face that thing you have shelved because it was to hard to deal with at the time. SL can be anything you want it to be, need it to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment